Saxophone/king 613

My name is Joe hernandez. I'm doing research on a saxophone that I have for an auction. Sat the 8th of Dec at . I know nothing about it along with three trumpets. The serial number for the saxophone is 891637 any info would be much appreciated.

You'll need to send a picture Joe - and determine whether it is an alto or tenor sax. Some of the old King horns can bring  upwards of $1,000 from a collector - others are simply not valued at all bringing $100 or less depending on condition and model. PS - the 613 model is not a 'pro' horn  - the alto's are plentiful and can be gotten for just a few hundred dollars on a site like e-bay.  

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.