Saxophone/Selmer Omega Alto Sax

I have a Selmer Omega Alto Sax that was bought new in 2008 and only used for two years.  Numbers engraved on the back are AK31607113.  I am looking to sell the instrument and would like to know the current value.  Thank you.

Hi Kathy - These are decent horns for an intermediate + player.  These horns used and in good condition typically bring between $500 and maybe $700 on a site like e-bay.  But you may be able to do a little better if you can sell it locally to someone who might need a 'step-up' horn.

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.