Saxophone/Vitacoustic alto saxophone

Question
My parents bought me a new alto saxophone with the name of "Vitacoustic" on the bell from a music store in around 1960.  It was made in West Germany. This is the only information that I have and have not been unable to find any other information about it on the internet.  Could you give me information regarding the manufacturer or any information regarding this brand of saxophone?  I played it for many years and have really liked its sound and have passed it on to other family members to play. Thank you very much!

Answer
Hi Carol,

Sorry for the slow response, I have been doing research on your instrument. There were four saxophone manufacturers in West Germany in that time period: 1. Keiwerth 2. Amati 3. Kohlert 4. Dörfler Jörka.  All were pretty decent manufacturers. Keilwerth still produces high quality horns, Amati deals in good quality as does Kohlert. D/J apparently is no longer in business. If this horn is given a high quality mechanical rebuild and tuned properly it will hold its own against anything! Let me know if I can help you with that as well. Have a blessed day!

Jeff Frazier
Owner/Master Tech - J and J Woodwinds
www.JandJWoodwinds.com

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier