I have 2 saxophones.  One is a buescher aristicrat alto seial number
291633.  In decent condition with case. Not sure the year and what it is worth.
Also have a CG Conn tenor serial number 134352L.  Wondering year and value also.

Please get back to me and appreciate your time.  Happy New Year!

Hi Rich,

Your Buescher was built in 1940 - a VERY desirable year! I've seen these ,in pristine lacquer, go for $2500. Pristine silver models as high as $3000. Keep in mind that the prices are for near perfect examples. Average prices $1200-$1500.

The Conn is from 1924. Many still play them (I do) but unless it is a gold plated Artist Model they only bring $600-$800 in playing condition.

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe