Saxophone/alto sax true sound

this sax bought used in the 60.s in sweden by my late husband. what year made? thanks inger.s

You are the 2nd person to ask me about a "True Sound" Saxophone, And after all my research I can not find any mention of a saxophone with that name. However Buescher made a "True Tone" saxophone from about 1895 to the early 1930's.

If you have a "True Tone" with that serial number it would have been manufactured between 1910-1915.

If you could send me some photos of the horn and the engraving and name stamp I would love to see it. This would confirm if it's a True Tone or True Sound.

My personal e-mail is

Thanks again.
Charles Harris.  

Charles Harris

questions regarding equipment, performance, repairs, lessons, etc. Almost all saxophone related questions.

I am a professional member of N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instruments Repair Technicians). I have been repairing saxophones, flutes, clarinets, and brass instruments since 1993. I perform in several professional groups covering genres form classical, jazz, and rock.

N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians

St. Petersburg Junior College (AA) University of South Florida.