Saxophone/B&H 1927 Powertone Alto Sax

Question
Hello,
I was recently given my cousin's old saxophone to sell. I have no idea how to value it though, I've never played any brass instruments and have no idea what I'm looking at.
I have however read it's engravings which tell me it's a Boosey & Hawkes Powertone. I checked the serial number against this
http://www.musictrader.com/boosey.html
which dates it around 1926-27. My aunt tells me she spent nearly 1000 Pounds on this in the 1980s but since then it's seen a lot of use, the brass is worn and grazed, there's at least one significant dent at the bottom and I don't know how to examine the pads.
Could I please get some advice on how/where to sell something like this? Thank you.

Answer
This is not a highly valued or sought after brand, so condition will be the biggest determines of the value. You may go to a  local shop where they can give you a fair and honest hands - on assessment. You may be disappointed to learn that horns of this model and vintage (though they are not common), typically only bring a few hundred dollars at best on auction sites like e-bay.   If you send a picture I may be able to be a little more specific - but getting the horn a hands on inspection would be best.  Good luck!

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera