Saxophone/Mark VI Alto Sax

Question
I have a Mark VI Serial # 145xxx.  I am the original owner.  I used it for about 5 years.  I have no idea why my parents purchased this Sax for me as a "learner" sax, but they did. It has remained in a closet since 1972.  It is the original horn, neck, mouthpiece,lacquer, and case. The only thing that isn't original is the hanger and the cover for the mouthpiece.  I have never had it restored so it has the original pads which I am sure need replacing.  It has no dents and some minor scratches.  
I would like to sell it but have no idea of how to go about it.  I would like to know from a reputable person the value of where to even begin to price it.  Also, is it worth it for me to have all of the pads replaced.
I appreciate any help that you can provide. me.
Thanks so much

Answer
Hello Diana, let the buyer repad it if they need to. I would list it on ebay for $8500 reserve... This is a killer alto!!!This is a fantastic serial number!!!!Those original pads are fantastic pads!!!! They can be brought back with some old english furniture oil and a q tip...Do not accept any amount of money less than $8500, on ebay ,when people start the bidding war, the price could go up to $10,000 or even higher!!! You have a gem!!! You have the greatest alto sax ever made!!!!!good luck!
Grant Koeller

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller