Saxophone/sax

Question
just inherited A UNIX SIMPLEX   M.HUBLART &FILS STRASBOURG SAX   ALSO SAYS BREVETE 248 .840   cannot find a thing about age value maker etc...have a clue?

Answer
I've seen this name come up before - the Hubklart & Fils (and sons) - French makers from Strasbourg (brevete is the french equivalent of patent). There are no serial number lists that I know of - but most likely this horn was made elsewhere and 'stenciled' for sale at the Strasbourg shop or shops in this region.  A picture may help in making a determination of age and possibly the manufacturer.  I have only seen a 'guesstimate' that these were Buffet in origin - but I think that is just an eduacated stab in the dark!

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera