Saxophone/SML saxophone value

Question
This is an update (with more information) to a question I submitted about a hour ago.  Sorry.  I inherited my Dad's SML Strasser Marigaux ALTO saxophone, serial number 14640.  It is gold in color and in excellent condition.  PROBABLY FROM THE 1950's.  The sax player in my band may be interested.  Any rough idea what it might be worth?  I see SML altos from this time period anywhere from $600.00 to $3,000.00

Answer
The wide price range is due mostly to the condition of the horn. The best thing to do is get the horn to a dealer who can give it a hands on appraisal. If you trust your band mate to give it a test run and come to an agreement on price that would be even better.

These are not highly valued horns but they have held up over the years.  Unless yours is in extremely good condition with all its lacquer in tact and very few dents and dings, I would think the lower end of this price range is more in keeping with what's out there in the market. Sorry I couldn't be more specific - need pictures!

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera