Saxophone/Value of my sax?

Question
QUESTION: Hello Grant,

I have a CG Conn Alto Sax that I was wondering the value of. The serial number is 9107974. It is a weird dark brassy yellow color. It isn't in the best condition. It can play but doesn't play as well as I would like it to. I'm sure it wouldn't take very much to fix but I haven't sent it out yet. If you were able to, what would the value of one of these saxes in good condition. I am hoping on upgrading in the near future.

ANSWER: Hello Gavin, You are describing a student sax. Please send me photos and tell me if it's a shooting stars alto or if it say director. A Conn 14M or 21M is not worth that much. The serial number shows it was made in 1991 by UMI in Elkhart. This sax is worth depending on the condition which you say is not that great. I would say $475,but that is a guess. I really need to see photos...
Thanks
Grant Koeller

Sax
Sax  

Sax2
Sax2  
QUESTION: Here are some pictures. I couldn't really get a good one of the bell but it says that it is a Conn 24M.

Answer
Hello Gavin, Yes, you have a Conn 24M Alto Saxophone. It's worth about $699.00
Here is the specifications:
The Conn 24M features newly-engineered key mechanisms on a body which has provided the classic American sound since the early twentieth century. With a range to high F‚ the 24M features a seamless neck and durable nickel-plated keys which carry a lifetime guarantee. Includes a sturdy hardshell case with carrying strap‚ an original Conn mouthpiece and comfortable neck strap.
 •Seamless neck and durable nickel-plated keys which carry a lifetime guarantee
•Range of up to high F for the classic 20th century American sound
•Comes with original Conn mouthpiece
•Includes a sturdy hardshell case with carrying strap‚ and comfortable neck strap.
This is a great student saxophone perfect for a first time beginner or even an part time pro who plays gigs on the week end...
Merry Christmas!~
Grant Koeller  

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller