Saxophone/yanagisawa alto age?

Hello, i recently picked up 2 saxophones second hand, i have found dates for one(king Cleveland tenor) but and having issues with the alto, it has the Yanagisawa symbols on neck and back, made in japan, serial 1070xxxx the sax is in great condition but my family is beginners in sax so depending on it's age and worth i do not think i want my kids taking it to school for band.

Any help figuring out age/worth is appreciated.
Thank  You.

That is an odd looking serial number but I will assume you've got it right. I'm still going to guess it was made in the later 1980's  maybe early 90 (a picture might help me determine the age more accurately). As far as value this is a tough one as there are several possible models with a wide range of value. I couldn't even venture a guess without at least seeing the horn - but here is a link to a Yani tenor on e-bay for a reference - by the way - this particular horn is a tenor and in near perfect condition:

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.