Saxophone/Identifying alto saxophone

arban wrote at 2016-08-29 12:35:43
There are any sax DORE which are available on the web. One is at SAXIMAX'site. This one is typical of the Maker René Guénot & Albert Douchet. They made instruments between midlle twenties and late forties (1950?)

This brand is unfortunatly hardly known. But the lucky owners of those sax are enthusiastics.

Those sax have the reputation to have a very beautiful smooth sound and to be very easy to play.

What means DORE....maybe DOuchet REné ?

If yours is a Guenot/Douchet stencil, I think his serial number belongs to them. It must have be done in 1936 or closely around.

For confirmation, you can send me pictures at zczc.ryry@wanadoo.fr

All the best.

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera