Saxophone/mouthpiece recommendation

Isaac K wrote at 2012-10-28 00:37:32
Hemke's are very soft, so Eugene is right: if you want to stick with that brand, go up a number. But you might also consider trying Vandoren brand reeds (especially the Classic)with the same number. These reeds have a very consistent, non-pitchy tone, but they won't compromise your control over dynamics, low tones, etc. by being very hard. I find that they also tend to last weeks longer than Hemkes. Good luck with your music!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.