Saxophone/Buescher Elkhart Tenor sax.

Question
My dad left me a beautiful Tenor sax.  It says Low pitch right on it under the serial number. The name is on the horn in beautiful scripted lettering.  Serial number 271842, no t above it.  He bought it new when he was 19 years old when he bought it.
He would have been 88 years old now.  My question is where were they made? And so people still play them. I didn't even have to change the pads and it still plays.
I read that the repairs should be done by a special company. They just cleaned it up and it shines.
Thanks for your time

Answer
Your sax is a Buescher second line sax. It was made in Elkhart, Indiana. The top of the line was the Buescher True Tone. All repairs should be done by a certified repair tech who is a member of NAPBIRT. (Please go to their website) Your sax was made in the late 30's..or early 40s.  This is a wonderful old sax. The top craftsmen in the world, worked in Elkhart, Indiana for Conn, Buescher and Martin. This sax is perfect for a college or high school student. Keep it away from anyone under the age of 16, it is not a toy... These old Elkharts were nice jazz horns...The values have been going up in the last 5 years...worth anywhere from $725-$990...Please send me some photos...
Good Luck
Grant Koeller

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller