Saxophone/prestini ii alto sax

Question
Hi Mr. Grant,

I have a Prestini II alto sax, serial(?) number n67065.  I was wondering if you could tell me its value and whether or not it is a student or intermediate level?  Thank you so much for your help!

Stephanie

Answer
Here is the history of the company from the web.

"Three generations of Prestinis bring you decades of experience in music arts and instrument technology. This accumulation of unique skills has been directed to the development and manufacture of our Masters quality reeds.
Our founder was Giuseppe Prestini, world-famous oboist, professor at the conservatories of Florence and Venice, and oboe soloist with Toscanini on many of his American tours. In 1980, Professor Prestini founded a factory to manufacture single and double reeds, as well as accessories, to the exceptional quality standards he demanded for his artistry.
Silvano Prestini, son of Giuseppe, was professor of oboe at the conservatories of Bolzano, Trento, and Verona for 21 years. He was a leading, highly sought-after oboe soloist at La Scala and Pomeriggi Musicali of Milan, at the Doppio Quintetto Italiano, and performed at the leading theater and opera houses in Italy and Europe. In 1947, he joined his fatherís firm, adding his expertise.
Guiseppe Prestini II, son of Silvano, joined the firm in 1970 and is now manager of United States operations and president of Prestini Reed Corp. His mechanical engineering education was enhanced when his father taught him raw materials selection and analysis as they applied to reed design and manufacture. He also became familiar with the intricate specifications involved in meeting each customerís demands. He developed strong expertise in quality control, product research, and in the production of the finest cane for single reeds.

PRESTINI WOODWINDS AND BRASSWINDs

Prestini musical instruments are  designed, tested and assembled in our factory in USA while the body and keys produced overseas in order to maintain a viable cost structure and a very affordable and competitive price for the consumer. Our instruments are designed and manufactured with the Band Director and the professional musicians in mind. We offer entry level instruments, step-up and professional lines in Alto, tenor, soprano and baritone saxophone. Also available are clarinet, trumpet, flute, piccolo, oboe and marching band instruments. At Prestini, we produce musical instruments to conform with the performance and economics demanded of today's musicians.
The top of the line is the Prestini Model: SA 454-LS Classic Pro Alto Sax with a silver plated body & keys - ribbed construction - detachable bell - High F# - metal resonator pads.
List price $1,690.00

Next is the $1,490.00 Prestini Model: SA-454L Classic Pro Alto Sax with gold lacquer body & keys - ribbed construction - detachable bell - high F# key - metal resonator pads. The PRESTINI ALTO SAX CLASSIC IS A PROFESSIONAL INSTRUMENT WITH LACQUERED BODY AND KEYS ; RIBBED CONSTRUCTION , HIGH F # ,PRESTINI PLASTIC OR METAL RESONATOR PADS FROM OUR PRESTINI PREMIUM LINE ; THE CLASSIC ALTO SAX HAS A VERY SOLID BODY AND NECK CONSTRUCTION, COMFORTABLE FEEL TO KEYS, GOOD PITCH AND ARE VERY FREE BLOWING INSTRUMENTS. THE PRESTINI ALTO SAX CLASSIC HAS A RICH DARK SOUND AND PLAYS THE ALTISSIMO RANGE EASILY. ALL PRESTINI CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS HAVE SOLID STAINLESS STEEL INTERNAL ARM RODS FOR MINIMAL TORQUE ON ALL LONG HINGE RODS CONNECTING THE KEY CUPS. ALL CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS ARE ASSEMBLED IN THE USA. WOOD HARD CASE

Next is what you have ...the PRESTINI II Alto Saxophone Model: SA510C - clear  lacquer

List price $590.00 THE Prestini II Alto Sax has clear lacquered body and keys - ribbed construction - high F# - detachable bell, with  resonator pads. your Sax IS a INTERMEDIATE model made by Prestini. It's perfect for High school and college.
Here is the address of your sax, PRESTINI INTERNATIONAL CORP, 2020 N Aurora dr. suite C, Nogales AZ 85621 USA
Good Luck! Grant Koeller  

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller