How can I find out the year my sax was made and the value of it?  It is a "The Buescher", Elkhardt Ind   serial number 135936   It has black rollers and pearl inlay.

Hi Carol,

Your sax was made in 1923-1924. They are not as desirable as the late 20's horn but are still nice players when setup correctly. If it is a silver plated model (which most were) and in good
condition, the value is $500-850. If bare brass - $400-600, gold plated $1200-2000 depending on engraving. Hope this helps.

Jeff Frazier
owner - J and J Woodwinds LLC

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe