Saxophone/selmer alto

Question
Hi, I am trying to id a selmer sax that has been in the family for a few years. its an alto with the selmer s logo on the neck. there doesnt seem to be a serial number on the body or neck, but the word 'DUCOL' is on the bell. it is in good condition and plays great. it also has an f sharp key, thank you

Answer
If you will, please look below the bottom thumb hook or on the sides in that area to see if there is more information. A picture of the bell engraving would also help as there are many variations and even fake Selmers. I will research the "DUCOL" to see what I can find.

Jeff "Doc" Frazier
owner/Master Tech - J and J Woodwinds
www.JandJWoodwinds.com

UPDATE: I have researched "DUCOL" and the results come up with family names in several countries and some paint references. Selmer never made an instrument without a serial number. The instrument may be a newer Taiwan horn, hard to tell without pictures and more family history.

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier