Saxophone/selmer alto

Hi, I am trying to id a selmer sax that has been in the family for a few years. its an alto with the selmer s logo on the neck. there doesnt seem to be a serial number on the body or neck, but the word 'DUCOL' is on the bell. it is in good condition and plays great. it also has an f sharp key, thank you

If you will, please look below the bottom thumb hook or on the sides in that area to see if there is more information. A picture of the bell engraving would also help as there are many variations and even fake Selmers. I will research the "DUCOL" to see what I can find.

Jeff "Doc" Frazier
owner/Master Tech - J and J Woodwinds

UPDATE: I have researched "DUCOL" and the results come up with family names in several countries and some paint references. Selmer never made an instrument without a serial number. The instrument may be a newer Taiwan horn, hard to tell without pictures and more family history.

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe