Saxophone/Serial Number?

I have a Blessing alto saxophone, and I am thinking about purchasing a new saxophone but the same type. However, I need to know the type and serial number. I was just wondering, is there a way to find the serial number on the actual instrument?

The serial number should be below the lower thumb hook. Blessing saxes were built and sold as student instruments. If you are wanting to step up to a higher level instrument look for a Yamaha 52 or 475 as an intermediate or any of the Yamaha pro line.

Jeff Frazier
owner - J and J Woodwinds LLC

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe