Saxophone/Value of a used Roland Meinl Alto Sax

Question
Dear Sir, I have come into the possession of a used Roland Meinl Alto Sax  The serial number i have found is E09198 It was sent to me in the settling of an estate in Germany from a relative.
Could you please advise/educate me as to the possible value of this used sax.
Kindest regards  Percy van Doorn

Answer
These horns are plentiful and are 'cheaply' for the Euro market. It could be a decent horn for a new player but in general they are not considered valuable or collectible. If you must sell it, get it to a local shop where it can be played and assessed 'hands on'.  These come up occasionally on auction sites like e-bay and usually garner only minimal interest.  Without seeing or playing it - I'd guess between $200 and maybe $350 would be a replacement value.  

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera