Saxophone/Value of a used Roland Meinl Alto Sax

Dear Sir, I have come into the possession of a used Roland Meinl Alto Sax  The serial number i have found is E09198 It was sent to me in the settling of an estate in Germany from a relative.
Could you please advise/educate me as to the possible value of this used sax.
Kindest regards  Percy van Doorn

These horns are plentiful and are 'cheaply' for the Euro market. It could be a decent horn for a new player but in general they are not considered valuable or collectible. If you must sell it, get it to a local shop where it can be played and assessed 'hands on'.  These come up occasionally on auction sites like e-bay and usually garner only minimal interest.  Without seeing or playing it - I'd guess between $200 and maybe $350 would be a replacement value.  

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.