Saxophone/Saxophone Conn DJH Modified 94M

I am looking to sell a pristine (original lacquer)Conn DJH 94M Tenor, serial number 91878 in original hard case with accessories.  What is the value/market for this instrument?  Thank you.

Here's some information from an eBay ad concerning one of these horns (corrections are in brackets):
"The serial number, and the 'naked lady' hand engraving at first made me think that this instrument was built in the early 1920's, but the 'DJH' engraving on the bell was something that Daniel Henkin was fond of doing during his ownership of Conn (1980-1985). It was during this period that Conn was reestablished back in Elkhart, Indiana, Doc Severinsen was hired as Vice President of product development and the quality of Conn's earlier years was once again seen in the craftsmanship of its instruments.

"Conn's public relations department could only [tell me that] the 108M model number is unknown and has no record. This would imply that there were very few of these instruments made and none mass produced.

"Mr Henkin was said to be fond of producing small numbers of limited pro line instruments. The serial number and 'DJH Modified' engraving are consistent with the 1980-1985 period in which Mr Henkin was sole owner of Conn Ltd. -- and Mr Henkin was fond of putting his name on his custom instruments.

"It is interesting to note that this would have been one of the last Conn Ltd. instruments produced. In 1985 Conn was sold to a Swedish conglomerate and shortly thereafter was incorporated into United Musical Instruments (UMI).

1. Standard pitch (A=440)
2. Altissimo F# key
3. Drawn and rolled tone holes.
4. Real mother-of-pearl finger buttons on all stack keys, side F#, high F#, and G# spatula.
5. Hand engraved bell. Includes engraving of 'C.G.CONN LTD' and 'Naked Lady'
6. Adjustable thumb rest.
7. Body has extremely heavy wall construction. The bell and bow are quite thick and give the instrument a massive feel.

"This instrument has all the feel, and response of a very high quality, pro line sax. If you are looking for a true vintage and RARE 'Naked Lady', this is it."

These horns are nothing more than H-Couf Superba models with different engraving and some different sheet metal -- and the H-Coufs are, in turn, Keilwerth Toneking/New King (series IV) stencils.

There are some folks that do insist that Daniel Henkin did order custom bows and/or keywork, but there's not a large enough sampling to prove or disprove this.

The rolled tone hole models correspond, roughly, to the Superba I, and non-rolled-tone-hole models to the Superba II.

I do not have any pics of DJH baritones, nor do I know their model number. I've heard that the straight soprano is a 106M.
According to "vintage saxophone values" the H. COUF saxophones were made in Germany by Keilwerth, From 1965 until 1988, these fine German horns (manufactured by J. Keilwerth) were distributed at various times by W. T. Armstrong and Conn. They have quite a cult following today, and with good reason. The Superba I has rolled tone holes, the Superba II does not. Iíve never seen them in anything but lacquer. Here is the values...

Tenor $ 2800

Tenor $2200
your Conn, In perfect condition, is worth every penny, the same value...
Good luck,
Grant Koeller  

Grant R. Koeller

I'm a Professional Jazz Saxophone soloist recently retired from 23 years with the USAF Band Of Flight, WPAFB, OHIO, experienced in performance, technique and equipment. I'm not a buyer/seller or dealer. I have 40 years Alto, Tenor, Soprano and Bari Saxophone performance experience with additional years on the Flute, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bass Guitar, Piano, Drum-set, Guitar and Voice. I'm a third generation professional military musician, my father, Bill Koeller(1939-1997) was in the USAF 1958-1962, and played Jazz Hammond B-3 organ from 1957-1997, and my fathers Uncle, Alfred Koeller (1912-1993), was a professional Acoustic Bassist in the Army Air Corps in WWII, and also performed on Jazz Guitar, Hammond organ, Piano and tenor saxophone.

Professional Saxophone Soloist, 23 total years with the USAF Bands, 6 years with the USAF Band of Flight, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio, performing on Tenor, Alto, Soprano, Clarinet, and Flute. 4 years in Japan, at Yokota AFB with the USAF Band of the Pacific. An Avid Composer and Arranger for the Night Hawk Protocol Combo. Former Lead Alto Saxophonist with the USAF Night Flight Big Band performing the music of Glenn Miller as well as other hits of the Big Band Era. I collect LP records of Jazz, blue's, classical and rock, and have over 12,000 records.

USAF,Phi MU Alpha Sinfonia, Men's National Music Fraternity, Johnny Mack Super Big Band, Tom Daugherty Orchestra, Kim Kelly Orchestra, Dayton Jazz Orchestra, Eddie Love Big Band, Gem City Big Band, Jazz Central Big Band, Shin Sings Orchestra, Kim Kelly Orchestra,USAF Night Flight Jazz Ensemble, Different Hats Big Band, Jimmy Baker Blues Band, This Side Up, Freelance, KING KOELLER Quartet, Jazz Central Big Band, GB Work, Sax On The Web,

Saxophone On the Web; Anchorage Daily News; All Experts; Augustana College Public Radio, WVIK;

North Texas State University School of Music, Jazz Studies 1982-1986 Lead Alto, Lab bands 1982-83 and small group leader 1983-1984, Jazz Radio Host WVIK 90.1 FM NPR affiliate Rock Island, IL United States Collegiate Wind Band European tour 1980 Augustana College, Rock Island IL, Liberal Arts Music Mentors/Teachers:My father Bill Koeller, a Jazz Hammond B-3 Organist (1939-1997) Great Uncle Alfred Koeller, Acoustic Bass 1912-1993

Paul Shartle Musician of the Quarter Spring 2008; Glenn Miller Festival, Clarinda, Iowa featured soloist; McDonald's All-American Band and Jazz Ensemble 1979; US Collegiate Wind Bands,Paul Lavalle Conductor, tour of Europe,1980; John Phillip Sousa Award, 1980 Dimond HS Anchorage, Alaska; USAF National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star; USAF Achievement Medal with 5 Oak Leaf Clusters; USAF Good Conduct Medal with 6 Oak Leaf Clusters

Performed with, Bob Hope, The Platters, Four Tops, Jimmy Dorsey, Crystal Gail, Helen Ready, James Williams, Dallas Jazz Orchestra, Jack Jones, The Mills Brothers, the G-Clef's, Lionel Hampton at Carnegie Hall, Performed for the King Of Thailand 2005, Tom "Bone's" Malone, Roy Hargrove, Tommy Turrentine, Performed for President Gerald Ford, President George W. Bush, The Maguire Sisters, The USO Girls-Andrew Sisters Tribute, The Four Lads, Lincoln Berry, The Dayton Jazz Orchestra, Louis Bellson, Buddy DeFranco, Walter Bishop Jr, Sadao Watanabe, Bobby Shew, Pete Jolly, Quad City Jazz Ensemble, Augustana College Symphonic Band, Jack Scott, Catfish Jazz Society, Intrigue-Boston Wedding Band, The Mark Herbert Little Big Band, The Pacesetters Big Band, The Ambassadors Jazz Ensemble, Pacific Showcase Big Band, Jimmy Dorsey Big Band under the direction of Lee Castle, Ronny Scott Orchestra, Big Al's Hot Dance Orchestra, The Dayton Sidewinders, Tom Daugherty Orchestra, Johnny Mack Super Big Band, Ken Peplowski, Eddie Daniels, Buddy Guy, Roy Hargrove, Warren Parrish, John OMeara Jr., Dave Holcomb, Albia Silva,Vinnie Demartino, Clon VonFitz, The G Clef's