Saxophone/Alto Evette Schaeffer Sax

Elegant Workmanship
Elegant Workmanship  
I got this oldie for a friends attic ... don't know how to asses it... has 'Evette Schaeffer Paris' on the bell with a pretty leafy design about the name, the finnish is worked but still sounds good... has silver on brass look... tried looking up the number stamped on the back (17619) but i find nothing... wanna know more of its history or anything about it... looks cool to me , but i could just be dazzled by the fancy look. so the question is what do u know of this and can u educate me

This horn dates to 1971. It is a student line horn that is worth $300-$400 in playing condition. I hard a hard time finding any info on this horn!

Have a blessed day!

Jeff "Doc" Frazier
owner - J and J Woodwinds LLC

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe