Saxophone/Buescher Alto Sax

Question
"I have had my fathers Buescher Alto Sax,Elkhart, Ind ser # 255708 since 1950 He had
it in College in the 1930's It is silver in color and good condition in a battered case.
I would like an approximate value of it to get insured.
Thank you"

Answer
There are only alto and tenor horns in this series. The other members of the family still had the True Tone label. They’re almost always seen in satin silver. Add 20% for gold plating. Physical appearance is similar to the True Tone, but the neck is different,the key guards are more deluxe. They play much better! They will always have snap in pads and Norton springs.

Alto $ 2400
Tenor $ 2600  

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier