Saxophone/value of saxophones

I have a Buescher Aristocrat #347837 and a Yamaha YAS23 #225043-A
A ball park idea of what to sell them for would be so helpful.  Thanks!

Your Yamaha sax is a run of the mill student level horn that can be found in abundance on sites like e-bay.   If it is in good playing condition with few if any scratches, dents, or dings, it might bring $300 from someone who has a child wanting to start playing saxophone.

You Buescher is trickier - if it is in REALLY good condition with all original lacquer and no dents, dings, or bruises, it could may bring between $500 and $1,000.  HOWEVER, VERY FEW HORNS OF THIS MAKE AND MODEL ARE DEEMED "COLLECTIBLE" and most often sell for around $200.   If you send a picture I can be more accurate.

Good luck!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.