Saxophone/vintage alto sax

I have a Selmer Bundy alto sax.  Serial number is 48260 with the number 20A under the serial number. It was purchased used for me in about 1958.  Could you give me some idea of it's value?

Thank you

Hey Joe - These are not highly sought after by collectors  - they are really considered 'student horns' and despite its age and the "Selmer" name will only bring between $100 and maybe $300 depending on the condition. It may be more valuable to you or future heirs as a family heirloom. :) sorry but glad you were a player!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.