Saxophone/Buescher Alto sax 388xxx type

Question
what I can download
what I can download  

in the case
in the case  
What type of sax is a Buescher Aristocrat Saxophone Serial # 388640 and is it a good one?

Answer
Hello Jammie,
You Have a Buescher Aristocrat, made after the Selmer take over of Buescher in 1963. On February 1 of 1963 the Buescher Band Instrument Company along with all of its inventories, tooling, factory space, and dealer contracts was purchased by H & A Selmer. One of the major reasons for this purchase was that Selmer planned to enter into saxophone manufacturing. The Buescher factory was already tooled for saxophone production and a great deal of past advertising and goodwill had gone into the Buescher saxophone since the 1920's. Furthermore, a dealer network was already established. In 1963, it was mostly a turn-key operation that Selmer felt they could greatly expand upon. The Selmer board and shareholders were also in acquisition mode. They had already purchased Harry Peddler & Sons in 1959 and acquired the Vincent Bach Corporation, Mount Vernon, New York in September of 1961.
Production barely skipped a beat after the acquisition. In fact, Selmer retained most all of the Buescher factory workers. The post-Selmer Buescher saxophones are essentially Selmer Bundy saxophones. The Bundy line was marketed at the same time and the instruments were made side-by-side using many of the same parts. These were student model saxophones, perfect for the growing educational need for high quality durable musical instruments. Your sax was made in 1963,right at the take over. This is a great sax for marching band, a saxophone beginner, and even a pro who wants to play in a blues band...
Good Luck!
Grant Koeller

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller