Saxophone/Need information about saxophone

Question
i have a silver and gold plated saxophone manufactured by J.H. Troup Music House and i was wondering about the history on it as well as possible value.

Answer
It's impossible to know what type of sax or how old without a picture and some sort of serial number reference.  I will say that the horn is most likely NOT gold and silver plated - but probably a combination of gold an silver lacquer.

There are however some nice historical records of the J.H. Troup Music House in Pennsylvania (and may even still be in existence).

The horn is what is called A 'STENCIL' - probably made by a familiar manufacturer like Conn or Buescher and then stamped/etched or 'stenciled' with the Troup label for sale in their store.

Send a picture and I may be able to tell you more (like value) or look for the serial number on the back bottom of the horn below the thumb rest - or perhaps numbers below the Troup info.

Hope this helps a little!

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera