Saxophone/67 year old Conn" shooting star, jazz alto sax

Question
I am looking for a saxophone for my daughter and came across this one for sale.  He is asking what I would pay for it but I have no idea what it is worth:I purchased it from the first owner (who played it for 26 years before I got it) in 1972, for $200 that I had saved up myself.It is laquored black, with pearl (nacre) finger pads, silver domes/brass accesories.It has all new springs, leather seals, and cork.Also a brand new carry case, coloured black.I have the horn, neck, and a jazz mouthpiece (the original).I purchased it from the first owner (who played it for 26 years before I got it) in 1972, for $200 that I had saved up myself.It is laquored black, with pearl (nacre) finger pads, silver domes/brass accesories.It has all new springs, leather seals, and cork.Also a brand new carry case, coloured black.I have the horn, neck, and a jazz mouthpiece (the original).
Thanks!

Answer
Short answer - PASS!  This horn is outdated and the fact that it has been refinished is a bad omen (there were no original black lacquer shooting stars). An despite the name, they really aren't stars at all.

I assume your daughter is going to play the sax in school? If she is a beginner try to stick with a solid more modern horn - Yamaha (YAS-23) is what most school districts recommend.  They are decent beginner horns. I prefer some of the newer Selmer or step up Yamaha horns but I assume cost is an issue.  When it comes to saxes - you get what you pay for!  I hope this helps a little.  

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera