Saxophone/alto saxophone

Hey, I have alto saxophone Highclass V.Kohlert s Söhne Graslite what looks exactly same as this one

and I have mouthpiece like this one

They are both in really good condition and play really nice sound
My question is about how much they are worth?

I think if you read Grant's answer to that question you will get a good idea of what you have and I don't have anything to add or subtract. It's value is a bit tricky as Kolherts are not as common as some other brands, thus not as desirable. Not saying its not a great horn just not as well known as say Conn, Selmer, Martin, Buescher, etc.

So that will lower it's value. I would place it max around $1000 U.S. but you may have difficulty finding a buyer you may be able to sell for anywhere from $500 to $1000 just depending on the market.

The mouthpiece is a bit tricker, as this is a single ring Otto Link it was one of the last made in Florida, but I belive they were finished in Elkhart when the company moved there. The value of these vary greatly. I would place it between $300 to $800 US as the condition of the piece will determine if any work needs to be done.

Hope this helps.

Charles Harris  

Charles Harris

questions regarding equipment, performance, repairs, lessons, etc. Almost all saxophone related questions.

I am a professional member of N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instruments Repair Technicians). I have been repairing saxophones, flutes, clarinets, and brass instruments since 1993. I perform in several professional groups covering genres form classical, jazz, and rock.

N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians

St. Petersburg Junior College (AA) University of South Florida.