Saxophone/Jazz Class Questions

Question
I am in need of some extreme help in my introductory to Jazz class. I have absolutely no prior experience in jazz for I have grown up playing the guitar and I have never really looked at Jazz. I was interested in it so I decided to take a jazz class and so far I have a 96% in class. The problem is the professor has given us two sets of questions that I have no idea how to answer.
One assignment on "My Favorite Things" by John Coltrane:

1.) Provide counter numbers for the beginnings and ends of the solos by McCoy Tyner and John Coltrane. (The order of solos in this piece is: Coltrane (melody), Tyner, Coltrane.)

2.)Tyner plays the A section and then "vamps" with the pedal point in the bass before he begins to solo. A vamp is when one or two chords are repeated, usually with a pedal point. Coltrane also states the A section in his solo. Describe their solo styles.

3.)Listen to Tyner and Coltrane phrase or create musical lines over the chord changes. Do Tyner and Coltrane solo on the chord changes of the melody? Do you recognize the modal characteristics of these solo sections? Try to include some detail.

4.)Describe the rhythmic feel of drummer Elvin Jones and bassist Steve Davis during Coltrane's solo. Would you describe the style of these soloists as bop, hard bop, modal, elements of all or something else? Explain in detail using what you’ve learned from the Lessons about these particular styles.

and one more on "Birdland" by Weather Report:

1.)The order of solos in this piece is: Zawinul, Shorter, Zawinul. Provide counter numbers for the beginnings and ends of these solos.

2.)Describe the keyboard and piano accompaniment during Shorter's solo. How would you compare/contrast the solo style of Shorter in Birdland  with his tenor solo in Miles Davis E.S.P. ?

3.)How would you compare/contrast the solo style of Zawinul in Birdland with that of Herbie Hancock in E.S.P. ?

4.)Do you detect any ties between these jazz-rock fusion soloists and hard bop or free jazz?

Any help would absolutely beyond help me and several other students that feel as if these questions should not be for an introductory to jazz class. These are due this thursday (the first of august) and these are the last two things I have left.

Answer
I have been asked by the college jazz  
professor to delete this.
You jazz majors must do your own work..
Good luck ! Grant Koeller  

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller