Saxophone/Selmer Mark VII - I think

Question
I have what appears to be a Selmer Mark VII, based on the layout of the instrument and the 'ergonomic' keys. It looks exactly like the Mark VII with the serial number 291835. However there in no Selmer or Mark VII shown anywhere on the horn. Did Selmer create any of these and not include the Selmer name? Is it possible the tooling was sold after the making of the Mark VII and this was produced by another company? Any insight would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi Marty,

I have researched this for you to the point of no more answers! Selmer tells me this is not a Selmer but a copy. The rep says that none of their instruments leave the factory without the Selmer name, Selmer patent numbers, etc...The Asian markets have been copying them for years, even to the point now of using the "Selmer" logo, which is not even a good copy of that. I was also informed that "Selmer has not nor will they ever sell the tooling to any instrument that they have produced!" I thought, wow, don't take it out on me! I hope this helps.

Jeff "Doc" Frazier
www.JandJWoodwinds.com
866-996-6394

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier