Saxophone/Alto Saxophone Buescher Aristocrat 414070

I just purchased this sax on eBay for $180.  I'm assuming this description is correct:  Good condition.  All keys work.  Needs some pads/tuneup.  Surface pitting.  Very minor dings.  Case is functional with normal wear.  One latch on case does not spring up, but it works.

Did I get ripped off?  How much should I expect to pay for pads & tuneup?

Hi Karen,

Your horn dates to 1966 which was right after Selmer bought out the Buescher company. Buescher had TONS of parts left over and yours falls in there with the higher quality horns! You did good on the price. :-) What I would suggest is a complete mechanical rebuild, leave the finish alone. In our shop it would be $450.00 for that. It varies from shop to shop. You can check out our website to see what we do. Let me know if the is anything else.

Have a blessed day!

Jeff "Doc" Frazier
owner - J and J Woodwinds

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe