Saxophone/Buescher True Tone Tenor Sax 1925

Question
Can you tell me the estimated  value and age of instrument.    Buescher True Tone    Low Pitch
#197069     I purchased it back around 1950 and used it in H.S. , college and dance bands.
Is there a market for these?
 Thank You

ulysu

Answer
Hello Edward,
This is a 1925 Buescher True Tone..
Here is some info from the web...
"The first Buescher horns (pronounced more like "Bisher" as the name was originally spelled with an umlaut over the "u") were manufactured in 1888. Serial numbers up to approximately 4000 were produced prior to the fire at the Elkhart, Indiana Buescher plant in 1905, when all records are believed to have been destroyed. The "TrueTone" model was one of the most popular saxophones of the 1920's and one of the few saxes of it's day with very good intonation. The TrueTone was updated in 1926 with the addition of a front F key. These saxes are mostly seen in satin silver plate but there are quite a few in gold plate.   Most believe that the Buescher models made by the Selmer Co. (after they purchased Buescher in 1963) were not up the quality of the earlier versions. After Buescher was purchased by Selmer,in 1963, the "400" eventually became the "Signet" and the "Aristocrat" became the "Bundy"; same looks but drastically different bore dimensions. The original Bueschers were each "handmade" instruments, and incorporated Adolphe Sax's unique design of a parabolically curved bore design. Buescher saxes of the late 20's, thru early 50's are among the best saxophones ever made in America."
"End web content"
Yes Ed, there is a demand for Buescher saxophones for classical and jazz. Your sax, in perfect condition could be worth about...
Tenor $1200
Please get it checked out by a NAPBIRT certified repair tech...
these are wonderful saxophones when setup properly...
good luck!
Grant Koeller

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller