Saxophone/Old Soprano sax

Question
Sax
Sax  

Engrave
Engrave  
Hello!  I have a soprano sax that came in a KING case.  The instrument has the following engraved on the bell: "Symphony professional model made in elkhart"
I am wondering if this is a KING sax and if you can tell me anything about it?  I know this isn't much info to go on so any help would be really appreciated! If you are familar with a good place for me to take it to in NYC that would be amazing. I have several pictures but am only able to upload 2.
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Erin,

I have researched the differences between King, Conn and Martin. Your soprano was definitely made by Martin in late 1925. It is based on the Martin Handcraft model. Setup correctly this horn will be a good one! Make sure to use a large bore mouthpiece (ie..original, otto link, caravan, etc...). Be prepared to enjoy the sounds of a bygone era! Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Have a blessed weekend!

Jeff "Doc" Frazier
owner - J and J Woodwinds
www.JandJWoodwinds.com
866-996-6394

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier