Saxophone/vto saxaphone

Question
what do you feel my vito saxaphone is worth? My grandmother bought it for my uncle when he was in high school. He would of been around 70 yrs old today. I would like to sell it. I used it through the years as have my niece.

Answer
Lynn,

Unfortunately there are VERY few Vito saxophones worth anything more than $200 to $400 - even in 'like-new' condition.  The exceptions are those that may have been played by someone famous and a few of the step up Vito's that are in nearly pristine condition.  Yours is most likely a student model alto (if you send a pic I can verify) and they just don't have value as either a player or a collectible. If yours is a tenor sax, it could bring maybe $50-$100 more.

If it's in good shape it could be a decent beginner horn for someone in your family down the road though!
Cheers from Dallas - ec

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera