Saxophone/KING Tenor Sax

I have a KING tenor sax serial #N198423. It has 'KING' in 3/4" letters with a crown above it on the bell and '615' in 1/2" immediately below KING. I don't see any other markings. From what I've read I get the impression that KING saxophones are a desirable instrument.

What can you tell me about mine?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been pretty sick lately.

This particular horn was manufactured in the early 1970's as a student horn. They are pretty decent horns with a good center to the tone and easy to play if setup correctly. Prior to this time they were known as "King Cleveland 615". Current market value $350-$400.00

Hope this helps.

Jeff "Doc" Frazier

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe