Saxophone/Selmer Bundy II Alto Saxophone

Question
alto sax
alto sax  
I have a Selmer Bundy II, SN 911415, that I would like to sell, but I have no idea what a fair price would be for it. I played alto for 20+ years, but I was not a professional. The only damage I can see is one small dent (very swallow), one pad that needs to be replaced, and the laquer finish has scratches from laying on its side. The neck piece is a little more scratched, but does not have any dents. What do you think is a fair price for it?

Answer
Cammey

The Bundy II was produced by the Selmer U.S.A. company from the early 1980's until around 1996. They produced around 35,000 to 50,000 of these a year, so that means about half a million are out there. This is the most mass produced saxophone on the market. The Bundy II is a student horn and designed to take a beating. This is why so many are still around, compared to the Chinese made instruments that tend to only last about 3 or 4 years before being retired.

Being it's such a common instrument and made for the student market the resale value on these is not very high. The most one in mint condition will sell for is around $600. However yours is not in mint or new condition so between $250 to $400 would be an acceptable range. You may want to talk to a local music store and see if they are interested in buying it or placing it on consignment.

I hope this helps.

Charles Harris  

Saxophone

Charles Harris