Saxophone/sticking notes/keys

I have s new soprano saxophone and the E (the octave above middle C) is sticking.  How do I get it to not stick?

Thanks, Joel

Is it sticking closed or open? If it is sticking closed, a better quality pad will solve it. Since the brand of the horn was not listed, many cheaper Asian horns use a really low quality pad that is the cause for the sticking. They have a tendency to over-apply the water proofing. If it sticks open, need to make a trip to your nearest repair person.

Hope this helps.

Jeff "Doc" Frazier

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe