Saxophone/value of sax

I have a Martin tenor saxophone #66578 low pitch, under the bell it says martin, a word in script lettering that i can't make out and Elkhart Ind. It is in fair condition, any idea how much it is worth?

Steve - tough to tell without at very least a picture.  There are some great Martin Tenors out there...they are known for big sounds and easy play ability.  In fair condition )looks being worse than actual playing condition) they can bring anywhere from maybe $350 to as much as maybe $650. That's my best guestimation! Good luck.

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.