Saxophone/Cannonball Soprano Saxophone

Hi, take a look at the soprano in this listing:

The seller says that it's a Cannonball Big Bell Global Series. What can you tell me about this soprano and its quality? Would this soprano be suited for professional use? Also the seller has agreed to sell it to me for $750. Is this a good deal?

$750 appears to be a fair deal if the horn is in very good playing condition. I've not played one of these but from all accounts they are decent horns.  I am always leery of horns with the high F# and G keys...especially sopranos which are notoriously pitchy just by their very nature (I'm old school!).

All that being said, I think this is a decently solid horn that should hold up fine. They get good reviews overall. As far as 'pro' use, it's the player not the horn :)  

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.