Saxophone/Harwood C-Bb? soprano

Question
I have my father's soprano sax
It is stenciled with a satin silver finish and I believe that my dad stripped the keys and had them black di-chromate plated.  Looks sharp! It has mostly leather pads.
serial number is 110596. license pat Dec 8,1912

On the front is stenciled Harwood professional
Jenkins Music Co. Kansas City,MO

with this information can you tell me 1. is it a c or b flat horn?(because the instrument had vandoren reeds that were B flat)
and 2. what year was this made?

Seems heavy when you pick it up. No key guards or cages.
Alt left/right keys on the bell with the last key up high on the rt side.

finger pads have mother of pearl inserts.

Has a nice tone, just needs octave adjustment since it comes and goes. I am keeping the horn to play and not interested in selling

Thank you,

Brian Beck
Amateur,clarinet/sax player in local bands in NE Ohio

Answer
Hello Brian,
Please go to a piano, play middle C on the soprano sax. now if it matches the C on the piano you have a C soprano, now if the piano sounds a Bb (matching the C on soprano) you have a Bb soprano. This is a stencil sax made by  Buescher. I would love to see photos.
from the web... "I have a Buescher C-mel. the Harwood and the Buescher are  basically the same horn with the exception of snap in pads. The Harwood has glued in pads.
I used noyeks resonators on mine and it really sings. I went a little nuts on the restoration of this horn. Gold plated the keys and did a rose gold wash inside the bell.
My Harwood Jenkins C Melody arrived to day. I do believe it's a Buescher stencil because it has the question mark shaped neck and the "rooster fin" on the bow. The serial number is 104xxx.
The Buescher stencil s/n's don't follow the Buescher #'s.
My(Harwood) is #75XXX. Give her a good restore and try the Runyon C-mel mouthpiece on her. After trying the Runyon piece, I think I'm going to sell all my old C-mel pieces on eBay!!!!
Well, I bought myself a Harwood Jenkins C-Melody SN 93XXX it looks very nice and it is for sure a Buescher stencil, silver plate and gold wash in the bell.
end web content...
yes, your sax was made by Buescher...I can't wait to see it...
thanks!
Grant Koeller

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller