Saxophone/Yanasigawa Prima A-40

Question
Hi Mr. Cantera,

I am considering a vintage Yanasigawa Prima A-40 alto sax. I can't find any info about this model online. The sound is good but the price is USD 1,300 after overhaul. Should I go for it?

Thanks
Leo

Answer
Leo - I assume you mean the A4 which dates to the mid 60s? They are good horns solidly built by a proud company at a time when they were going good work. If the horn has been overhauled then it seems the price is fair. I am assuming that you've  played it?....& that it's all original parts & original lacquer as well? If so, should be a solid specimen!

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera