Saxophone/Buescher Silver Alto Sax Value

I have a Silver Alto Sax--Buescher, Elkhart, Ind., True-tone, Low Pitch.  The Serial Number is 190059.  I had one pad replaced recently.  It is in good condition.  On the case it has Frank Holton & Co, Elkhorn, WI.  I looked up the Serial Number and found it was made in 1925-1926.  Can you tell me the value of this instrument?

Unless you've had it tested you probably know that the horn is not made of silver or even silver plated but most likely a basic nickle finish. Even in 'good condition' these horns are bountiful (it's a buyers market), have nominal value, and are of limited use and practicality for today's players.

That being said, having the original case helps so without seeing or playing the horn I'll go with what's been happening on auction sites like e-bay. I'll take your word for 'good' on condition - so low end maybe $300 depending on the quality of the finish and visibility of the etching. High end maybe $750 if you can find a buyer who "just HAS to have it" to complete his  collection :)

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.