Saxophone/H. Couf Alto sax.

Question
saxophone
saxophone  
trying to sell,(Tone King Special,Superba 1). serial#69592 .this is engraved [ made exclusively for H.Couf by Julias Kielwerth ] is this engraved on all H. Couf horns? This has lots of patina,well worn lacquer. is this a vintige horn? any price guess  would be great..   Thankes for your time.....

Answer
Randall - it's hard to say this is 'vintage' - more like newer vintage if that makes sense.  These horns were produced between 1965 to 1986 when the Armstrong Company had three Keilwerth models stenciled for them under the model Couf name.  I think yours dates closer to the middle of that era - the hard part isn't estimating value, it's finding a buyer. as the market for these horns is very low right now.  Some of these in very good condition have asking prices between $500 and maybe up to $1,000 depending on the condition of the lacquer (patina and age-wear is not necessarily a good thing here). Value in your case will depend on playing condition.  I hope this helps a tad - best bet would be to bring it to someone who can play it and determine its playing condition.  Good luck!

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera