Saxophone/Value of Alto Saxophone

Question
I have a Selmer "Cigar Cutter" Alto Saxophone Serial # 157xx and would like to
know value and vintage please .

Answer
It appears you've already done some research toward identifying your horn, so what I'm about to say may not come as a surprise.  Despite the cool name (dubbed for its octave mechanism design)the 'value' of these horns will be almost solely based on condition.

If you do an e-bay search (always a decent barometer of the current market) you'll find some nice specimens with high dollar asking and 'buy now' prices.  You can compare yours to the pics and specs to give you an idea of value.  But beware of over valuating - - these horns are not flying off the shelves and the market is currently saturated with horns of all vintages, which favors the buyer.

It's nearly impossible for me to 'value' a horn without seeing or better yet, playing it. But as they say on Antiques Roadshow, a conservative estimate for insurance or 'replacement' purposes - would be approx $2,000 on the low end (if it is in good condition with all original parts) up to maybe $5,000 for a horn  that has all original lacquer in tact with good clear etching.  It could be higher if there is any discerning provenance or a pristine or unusual finish.  

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera