Saxophone/ballpark value of vito "duke" sax

Hello... I have a vito duke ser.#19587 ...owned since 1970,.. took it out of storage recently, and wondered 'bout how much I can get for it . only played it half a school season been in storage ever since ...not one ding or scratch on it.   hope you can estimate a ballpark figure.   By the way after all the web search'in you come out on top for earthly-with a pulse-answers.       Thanks ...Dontello

Dontello - decent horn - better than your average Vito. Is it a tenor or alto?  I'll give you a quick answer for both: Used alto's ago for about $300 to maybe as much as $400 in decent shape - used tenors can be found for $600 to maybe $800.

The no ding or scratch factor is in your favor, but what matters most is playing condition.  These horns are really not 'collectible' so it will most likely go to someone who wants to use it. Therefore either you or the buyer will need to invest a bit to get it up to snuff.

Good luck  PS - sorry for the delay - I was not notified of your Question until yesterday!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.