Saxophone/Hohner Presidential tenor sax

Hi, have a look at the sax in this listing:

What can you tell me about this sax, and what skill level is it suited to? I am looking to upgrade to a tenor that is good for a semi-pro/professional player. Also is this a fair asking price, if the instrument was in top condition? Thanks.

The Hohner saxophones are quite rare and to be completely honest I've never gotten my hands on one. I'm going to have to do something I rarely do and that is refer you to a different site for more info on this model.

As far as value I would say the seller is a bit high but not by much. If the sax needs work, you will have to deduct the cost of the work from the value.

I would rate this as an intermediate level instrument as it was made by a member of the Keilwerth family. They are known for high quality instruments.  

I hope the link gives you the answers you are looking for.

Charles Harris.  

Charles Harris

questions regarding equipment, performance, repairs, lessons, etc. Almost all saxophone related questions.

I am a professional member of N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instruments Repair Technicians). I have been repairing saxophones, flutes, clarinets, and brass instruments since 1993. I perform in several professional groups covering genres form classical, jazz, and rock.

N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians

St. Petersburg Junior College (AA) University of South Florida.