Saxophone/tenor sax

Question
What might the value be for a tenor saxophone? Hazelton tenor saxophone #300003

Answer
John,

These horns get mixed reviews as do most horns manufactured specifically for the "beginner" and "easy blowing" markets.  They have 2 levels of horns; Statesman (which is a basic model) and Primus (which is evidently more finely finished).

I've never played one and was shocked to see how little they can be gotten for - $440 for a brand new alto (and that includes shipping). I also saw a used Hazelton tenor on e-bay for $349.

Though e-bay is not the 'end all' for determining value, it does give us some idea of what people believe these horns to be worth. In this case, I'd say that's about right.

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera