Saxophone/tenor sax

What might the value be for a tenor saxophone? Hazelton tenor saxophone #300003

These horns get mixed reviews as do most horns manufactured specifically for the "beginner" and "easy blowing" markets.  They have 2 levels of horns; Statesman (which is a basic model) and Primus (which is evidently more finely finished).

I've never played one and was shocked to see how little they can be gotten for - $440 for a brand new alto (and that includes shipping). I also saw a used Hazelton tenor on e-bay for $349.

Though e-bay is not the 'end all' for determining value, it does give us some idea of what people believe these horns to be worth. In this case, I'd say that's about right.

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.