Saxophone/King Voll True Bari sax #1233x1

Question
I've had this excellent playing & one-piece Bari sax since 1987, and thinking of selling since I'm playing my other horns more, and the older I get the more diff to carry big Bari around. What might be a fair price?   Migjt it be appreciating or losing value as time passes?  Thanks for your kinds consideration.

Answer
Hello Jose,
your Voll True bari is from 1929....Here is some info from the web for the King Voll-True saxophones...
Please contact USAHorn.com for latest pricing and value...

"King revamped the line again in 1929, and claimed twenty-two improvements over its previous models. These changes were mostly different tonehole locations on the lower stack, the resizing of other toneholes and movement of the octave pip to accommodate the new King designed mouthpiece (which featured a larger tone chamber). This model was called the Voll-True, and can be quite difficult to play with accurate intonation if a small chamber mouthpiece is used.
In 1932, new alto and tenor models were introduced (the alto made its debut in October 1932, followed by the tenor in December and the baritone in July 1933), known as Voll-True II horns. These are very nice looking instruments, incorporating a "modernistic" appearance and highly stylized look with a new bore for a brighter, more brilliant tone -- geared to the new age of professional commercial playing.
Other Technical Changes in the Voll-True II
Squared off F# trill key and squared off small finger spatulas for each hand
Smartly designed key and clothes guards, eliminating bumper pads
Placement of the low B and Bb tone holes on the same side of the body, eliminating muffled tones and enabling a more responsive mechanism (not found on the baritone)

Larger palm keys
Adjusting screws for some key heights (G# arm, low D/Eb, etc.)
A floating octave key cup (picture 2)
The key action was revamped to a lighter, flute-like feel and the keys were repositioned for a more natural lay, increasing the facility in technical work.
The neck of the baritone could now be turned in any playing position with the octave keys properly functioning (earlier models incorporated a fixed neck).
An ill-conceived mechanism which eliminated the high E key (introduced on the late Voll-True horns and then discontinued early in the Voll-True II run).
Model   Start #   End #
"King"   50,000   (1916)   110,000   (1929)
Voll-True   110,000   (1929)   180,000   (1935)
In actuality, while the altissimo E/F vent key is eliminated from the late Voll-Trues and early Voll-True II's, the function is not. What essentially happens is when you play high enough (high B and above, if I remember correctly), a double spring "activates" the chromatic side C key AS the altissimo E/F vent key. This sounds like a kinda freaky idea, but this same feature was found on the Martin Handcraft Troubador -- which was produced at about the same time (and for about as long :) This key action feels relatively natural, even though the mechanism is somewhat suspect.
your bari is worth about $1200, if its in mint condition...
good luck! Grant Koeller

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller