Saxophone/Selmer Tenor Sax Mark 6

I have a Selmer tenor sax made in Paris 1962 verified by serial numbers. It was inspected yesterday, by a certified instrument repairman of excellent reputation. The horn is in great condition(never re-laquered) and exceptionally sweet tone. Can you please tell me what the approximate market value is?  Thank you in advance

Taking you at your word and without playing (or at least seeing) the horn I'll give you a ballpark figure of between $4,500 on the low end and possibly as much as $11,000 on the high end.  Either way you have a terrific horn there - the Cadillac of saxophones!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.