Saxophone/Serial number

Question
I found an old sax in the garage of a home I just bought. How do I find the serial number for it so I can learn a little about it. It's a symphonic something and it's got my curiosity running amuck.

Answer
Josh,

You really didn't tell me much about the sax that you have and I can't tell you much based on the little info. The serial number should be stamped on the body under the right hand thumb hook. If you hold the horn as if you were playing it, you should see a hook near the bottom for the right thumb. Usually about an inch or so under that you will find the serial number. If it's not there it may not have ever had one. If you would like you could send me some photos and I might be able to tell you more about it. My e-mail address is charles@harrisbandinstruments.com

Thanks

Charles H.  

Saxophone

Charles Harris